School of Education Student Scholar Fund
Since our inception in 1890, Howard University’s School of Education (HUSOE) has been improving and expanding educational opportunity and access, by preparing stellar teachers, researchers, educational leaders and human service professionals for leadership roles in a variety of national and global educational settings. As Howard continues to be the top institution to graduate the largest group of African Americans with Ph.D.’s, it is the School of Education that holds a significant percentage of that number. Largely a graduate school, the HUSOE offers doctoral and master’s degree programs leading to careers as K-12 teachers, principals, superintendents, policy professionals, higher education leaders, education researchers, counselors, psychologists and careers in the human development professions.
The Student Scholar Fund Campaign: On October 18, 2017 the Howard University School of Education (HUSOE) launched the Student Scholar Fund. In the effort to recognize the call and need to assist doctoral students with stronger financial aid packages, the HUSOE is excited to proactively support our students to assist them in reaching their professional goals and becoming a change agent in the lives of our nation’s children. Thanks to private donors The Student Scholar Fund has been initiated and officially established. Having the help from alumni, friends, and supporters, it is our goal to raise a total of $20,000 for The Student Scholar Fund. It is with your donation we will be able to:
- Aid graduate students and defray the costs of rising tuition;
- Meet graduate students’ needs, such as travel and research costs
- Provide mentorship and professional development training
Graduate Student Barriers:
- Internal financial support for graduate students is declining annually
- The cost of a graduate education is increasing annually
- The number of graduate students deferring or declining admission due to financial need is present in every HUSOE academic department
- The number of graduate students that have maxed out on student loans or unable to complete their degree program due to financial need is alarming
Meet the Goal:
In honor of Howard University’s Sesquicentennial, HUSOE hopes 150 donors will meet our goal of $20,000. It is your tax-deductible gift that will continue our mission and responsibility to prepare our students to research, analyze and transform the future policies of urban education. To meet this mission, help HUSOE Meet the Goal! Your donation, will ensure our doctoral students the opportunity to fulfill their dreams through research and educational experiences. No gift is too small! Make your gift count by giving today. Invest in our future leaders in Urban Education. We are #HUSOEGive!